Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 20 October 2010

the Aces - one way st. (1981)


b/w - Why should it be mine

This brilliant example of mod / punk / powerpop has been posted a few times in blogland but I figure 1 more won't hurt.

The band were all ex Menace

Steve Tannet (voc lead guitar)
Charlie Casey (bass voc)
Noel Martin (Drums voc)

They released 1, 45 before this with Vermilion Sands (an American female singer/guitarist from "Mary Monday & the bitches" who moved to the London circa 1977)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xnxqoa9cp2998m

1 comment:

  1. I was always a big fan of Menace, but missed this one.

    Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete