Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 4 October 2010

Small hours - Denis (1983?)


b/w - Denis dub mix

Nice mod/powerpop version of the Blondie classic!

I have to admit, to knowing absolutely nothing about this disc (even the date's a guess)

The dead wax has MT & TVJ1 etched into it if that's any help to anyone!!

It was sold to me by a guy that used to run mod/scooter nights, who implied that it was the same band (with a slightly altered line-up) that released the" kid ep" - I'm not so sure!!

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?su121dc4hkzrvoa

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It's a cool, strange little single, but I agree that it doesn't sound like the Small Hours that released The Kid or any of the tracks on that Detour anthology. At any rate, I love that dub track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dub version of Denis! Shouldn't work, but does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% NOT the same Small Hours as UK mod band...

    ReplyDelete