Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Tony Jackson - Night time games ep (1978)


A1 - Come again
A2 - Whatcha tryin' t' do to me
B1 - Nightime games
B2 - Give it a try

More 60's tinged powerpop for you!

This is the sole release for Mr Jackson.
As, soon after this recording he shortened his surname to Jacks & formed "The Tigers" (ska/new wave band who released 7 45's & 1 LP on Strike (UK)/WEA (Europe)/A&M records (Rest of world))
He then released a 45 as "Tony Jacks" in 1980 ("I hear a heartbeat" again on Strike records - This is good if you are partial to a bit of synth)
Following on from this He then played in "the Dynamites" (2, 45's on logo records in 1981 - more like the Tigers output)

If you want to know more (including, what he did after this) , you can read an interview with Tony here

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ahgna12vxak5jl

1 comment:

  1. Cooler than I expected, with a nice little edge on it!

    ReplyDelete