Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 10 September 2010

Second to none - Stop thinking (1982)


b/w - I don't understand

Nice 60's flavoured sounds from this bunch of scallies from (Sefton area) Liverpool

The band were only around for a short period (1982 -83) but left us with this little Gem.


they were

Paul Marsters (voc, Gutiar)
Steve Swinnerton (guitar voc)
Dave Deevey (bass)
Mick Clark (drums)

thanks go to link2wales for the band info (hit the link if you want to know other bands the above have been in)

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?cn1z9xzjd7y2cm8

4 comments:

  1. What a freaking fantastic blog you got here! WHY haven´t you told me about it :). I´ll post a link to your blog from my shit blog.

    Peter - KBD Records

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the SRT matrix number on this is SRT-4KS-244 which means a 1984 release. Could you perhaps check, if you still have the record? The label does say 1982-4 which I did think meant April 1982 but I'm now thinking recorded 1982 and released 1984?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The matrix is as you say. Odd as the band
      had already gone their seperate ways by then. I woukd say your reasoning is correct with recorded '82 released '84.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for confirming Bruce, so definitely a posthumous thing. Always worth a look in the deadwax.

    ReplyDelete