Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Thursday 2 September 2010

the Meanies - Waiting for you (1979)


b/w - it's true

Great double sider of mod powerpop on the Vendetta label (follow up to the Seventeen (Alarm) 45 bank holiday weekend/don't let go)

There was a time when this was almost impossible to get your paws on but then it got a re-release on 1977 records
(pah! give me an original every time - it's worth the hunt - no disrespect meant to all the wonderful people out there bringing long lost music to the masses)

The band were

Steve Gray (voc, guitar)
Keef Purkis (guitar)
Dave Jenkins (bass , voc)
Malcolm Oldham (drums)

If you want to know more about this Bracknell band pop over to bored teenagers (where there's also a great history of the vendetta label)

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?hiuztvjqy2ubssi

7 comments:

  1. I agree about reissues - can never be a replacement for an OG. That said, the new SingSing issue of the Voice Of The Puppets single is startling, with the big foldout sleeve having been reproduced in the most top manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the sleeve (always good to read a cartoon history) - this was one I was going to post then noticed it was due for a reissue so didn't bother + the sleeve was going to be a pain in the ar** to copy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original or re-issue, I don't care, I just love the music. But this lot do LOOK mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone's interested in what Meanies lead vocalist/guitarist Steve Gray has been up to lately, some of his new music is available to stream for free at:

    http://www.myspace.com/ringoflanagantrio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link sophielou90

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Send an e-mail to
      mylifesajigsaw@gmail.com
      & I'll send you a d/l link.

      Delete