Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Saturday 4 September 2010

Squeeler - Breaking out ep (1979)


A1 - Jennifer Broadhurst
A2 - Menace
B1 - I just want to be me
B2 - Framed

2 originals & 2 covers from this Yorkshire band

"Jennifer Broadhurst" (sounds like Ed ball & the times)
"I just want to be me" (cool new wave/powerpop with an excellent bass line)
The 2 covers are blues rock, which remind me of early Bon Scott era AC/DC

The band were*

Kevin Staniland (voc)
Pete Goddard (guitar voc)
Roy Lowbridge (guitar)
Brian Bingham (bass)
Tony Topham (drums)


*thanks to Mario's 45 revs for the band info & steve @ LDK for the use of the photo

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?ca1z4wrd9t4s92l

4 comments:

  1. Band was moustaches and r-o-c-k, but they turned in top 'poppers on A1 and B1 ("I Wanna Be Me" always struck me as a Jilted John clone), I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great EP! Steve is right, A1 & B1 are the best here but ''Menace'' is a cool rocking number though. I like it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work with kevin staniland!

    ReplyDelete