Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 4 June 2010

Red Baron - Antwerp (1980/81)


b/w speak for yourself

here's a neat little double sider from Belgium on the "twinkle"label. I'm not even sure of the release date, it is definitely no later than 1981 (as I have seen another twinkle 45 ALCAZAR: Days of torture b/w Born to be a beggar that is dated 1981 & the cat# is 1 digit higher than this one.

Cool mod/ska powerpop cross, well worth a listen

sounds & covers below


http://www.mediafire.com/?mon2cdmwrwo

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes Bruce, a much much better rip. This is a quirky little thing - love the a-side - sort of got a 60s r'n'b keyboard skit going on in the background there. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Speak for Yourself" is an alright song but it is really overshadowed by "Antwerp"
    Great record and the sound quality is much better.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete