Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 15 August 2010

Fingers - Saints alive (1979)


b/w - We're alright

Well at least one person answered the "would you like to hear the 2nd 45 by these boys" question. So here it is!

I'm not sure about the A side but the flip makes up for it in my book (great powerpoppy number)

In case you can't read the labels the song writing is credited to Sayer / Mitchell / Lee

There was another" fingers" record released in March 1981 (sounds of the city / woman may cry - Ace Records) but this a different band (same musical style though, maybe a bit more pop/rock) The writing credits for that 45 are Dave Seal & Ray Amos.

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?6z6cq5nncid1rsn

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Just found your blog.. the stuff you post is amazing. I'll sit and listen all night to all the stuff I got from you today. A question. This seems to be the place where I could request a single by the Rimshots. All night. I think it's from 81' Two fantastic tracks on that single, I have'nt heard them for ages.

    Thanks again, Ghost1000

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have "at night/little boys & little girls" on spectro from 1981 (Bristol band) - I guess you mean this? Must admit, I can't remember what it sounds like! so it may be posted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I didn't think I would like this but it's much better than the other.
    I didn't care much for the Rolling Stones sound on the b-side of their first but both songs on this one are worth hearing in repetition.

    "We're Alright" is great but "Saint's Alive" has a really cool vibe to it too if it weren't for the overly-aspiring lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers: me have this one for sale!

    Rimshots: there's also the "I Was Wrong"/"Stuck In A Boat" single by that same band. "Stuck In A Boat" was always my favourite thing by them.. but isn't there now a whole LP of stuff, recently issued by the singer's Bristol-centric 'archive' label?

    ReplyDelete