Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 19 June 2011

Chevy 57 - 57 (1981)


b/w - Alias Smith & Jones

Another 2 tunes from the pen & label of the mighty Peter Malski.

This was the 1st release (of 5) for his "Maestro Records" label - for the other 3 45's go here, here & here. For the LP you can give it a listen here.

Both sides are decent R 'n' R / new wave tunes although again I prefer the flip (anyone else remember that dodgy 70's western series)

The Band were a trio from Northampton and I believe this was their only release as unfortunately the drummer was involved in a serious car accident.

Gary Hitchcock - (voc guitar)
Mick Gross - (Bass)
John Coles - (Drums)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?9iql3gjsgqa37mp

2 comments:

  1. "...anyone else remember that dodgy 70's western series"

    Remember it??!? I can still 'do' the entire opening voiceover, word-for-word and inflection-for-inflection! I also remember the day Pete Duel died (very sad)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. fantastic rock and roll. Always great 7"s in this great site!!! Cheers,

    ReplyDelete