Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Thursday 30 June 2011

The Dials - Get Up And Dance (1980)


b/w - She Thought Her Nose Was Bleeding But It's Not

It's been a while since I've posted some Ska so let's rectify that with this.

The Second & final offering from this Middlesex (Sunbury) band. Their 1st was way more punk & can be found here.

Personally I really like the instrumental b-side

The Band were
Matt Stokes (voc)
Neil Howes (guitar, keyboards)
Jamie Bolster (bass)
Jeff Hemsley (drums)
Neil Clarke (sax)

Neil Howes & Jeff Hemsley went on to form the synth pop Thirteen At Midnight

What I find strange about this record is that it has a cat #HS404 but the dead wax has HS403 scratched into it (the b-side also has "wipe this on yer sleeve") not that strange you say..... but there are labels underneath the ones shown & you can just make out HS403 / Roy Hill - "From the bottom of my heart/?" (produced by Hill/Acock) - aborted 45 perhaps!

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?o9b35pzrlhn9vex

3 comments:

  1. No doubt the dead wax error resulted in the wrong labels being applied, then later corrected. Can't say I've seen the Roy Hill 45, and this one isn't too common either. Maybe they gave up re-labelling them? Neither record is listed in the Scratch entry in the Music Master Labels Catalogue (jumps from 402 to 405).

    I prefer the first Dials 45, but then you probably knew that already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cap doffed, Bruce. Great post. I've never actually seen this record in, like, real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a copy of Roy Hill's HS403 for sale on Music stack (I wonder if it's this in disguise)

    ReplyDelete