Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Prime example - Runaway e.p. (1980)


A1 - Runaway
A2 - Mr. Right
B1 - Miami Falls
B2 - No spex...(to see through you)

An interesting ep from these 5 Geordie lads

Alan Meadows (voc, guitar)
Willy James (bass)
Gary Smallman (drums) ex Penetration
Kevin Eland (trumpet, flugal horn)
John Tobin (trombone)

I personally pefer "No spex" (It smacks of the mod revival sound) followed by" runaway". The other 2 are interesting but not really my cup of tea.

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?u67cg3khqh1bghj

1 comment:

  1. ooh, spooky! This one's on my new list for the website! Two people thinking about Prime Example at the same time, 30 years later: whodathunkit?

    ReplyDelete