Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Thursday 23 December 2010

Gangsters - Rudi The Red Nosed Reindeer (1980)

b/w - White Christmas

Gangsters released 2 45's on Big Bear Records this was the first (BB25) the 2nd being
Woolly Bully/we are the gangsters BB26 (as The Gangsters - the picture below is from the Dutch pic sleeve of Woolly Bully)

I have to admit to knowing nothing about this Brummie Ska band So I started to scour the Internet (for some band member's names etc) & all I came up with was 2 + 2 = 5

I don't want to start any conspiracies but was this a real band or the label owner (Jim Simpson) just re-releasing an old record under another name

If you read the label history, the First Big Bear release was by His old band (Locomotive under


the pseudonym Steam Shovel) doing a ska version of this very record & it's release date was 15/11/1968 (the date shown on the label above)

Whatever it's still a great Ska 45 for this Yuletide.

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?8qp31o0sxkm03ou

No comments:

Post a Comment