Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 1 December 2010

C'est Clave - You Hold The Key (1983)


b/w - Programmed Romance

Ever wonder what happened to the others when Sean O'Conner left with the name Lookalikes?

Look no further - they grabbed a new Vocalist/guitarist
(Anto Drennan) and became C'est Clave

Before downloading & listening to this please go to Shotgun solution & listen to the 1st Lookalikes 45 (I guarantee you it's 1000 times better)

This is their 1st of 2 45's - I've not heard the 2nd so I can't tell you if it's any better or worse (Irish.org seems to hint at it being better)

The Dublin band were

Anto Drennan (voc guitar)
Eamonn Doyle (bass)
Mike Mesbur (drums)
Peter Keenan (keyboards)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmqqf96zwtfvu69

7 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing.

    Cheers from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm . . . I'll give it another listen . . . no, still no better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what happened?? I don't blame you for not picking up the second one.Thanks for this, and all the info Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dug this one up a few years back and have actually had clarification from Anto Drennan that it was Eamon on vocal, not he. Anto since went on to work with Moving Hearts, Clannad, Genesis, Mike & the Mechanics & the Corrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, much appreciated

      Delete
    2. Have u any C'est Clave that u can send me - mmco.miller2@gmail.com?! Thanks Mick

      Delete