Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Saturday 13 November 2010

The Rattling Throntons - EP (1980)


A1 - The Whistle Song
A2 - The Letter
B1 - These Boots Were Made For Walking
B2 - Set Me On Fire
B3 - From Home

Excellent DIY Mod /punk from these Belfast boys
3 covers ( A2 -Box tops /B1 - Nancy Sinatra / B3 - Troggs) & 2 self penned tunes

The band were

David Sinton (voc guitar whistle)
Peter Coates (guitar voc tambourine)
Dougal AKA Andrew Thompson (bass)
Stan (drums)

Irishrock.org has a little more info on them

the sleeve is actually day-glo but my scanner gets upset when it has to work hard

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?vn33gzemwaceiib

5 comments:

  1. Hello I am David Sinton (voc guitar whistle)

    I would love to know who asked you to remove a download of our record... We wouldn't have a problem ?

    thank you
    dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,
    I had an e-mail from someone who claimed to be you (David Sinton) telling me he hated the idea of this being here for free as there were still 45's available from band members. I therefore dutifully took the link away but if you're in agreement then I will re-instate it.

    Waiting your response & if you've got any interesting memories from the time please feel free.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Andrew Thompson (aka Dougal) the bassist on the EP, & I also would have no objection to seeing the music made available here. In fact, it would be great if people could have the chance to hear it. I just listened to The Whistle Song for the first time in decades. It still sounds great!

    BTW, it's great to see that Sinty is still alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK the link has been re-instated

    BTW Andrew thanks for the info - could you fill in the Surname for Stan please

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have this single somewhere, I was given it for free by a mate called Tim McCullough who had several copies and claimed to be friends with one of the band. I also worked were it was recorded and knew Rastus who was the engineer on the recording.

    Glyn

    ReplyDelete