Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Cheeky - Don't Mess Around (1980)



b/w - Get Outa My 'Ouse

It's a sort o' Hard Rock / Glam / Powerpopper!!!

I have to say that I seem to agree with Martin (see the comments to the Phil Canning posting) in that I have a preference for the slightly corny B-side.

The Leamington Spa band were

Chris Southorn (Voc Bass)
Nick Dee (Guitar) RIP
Martin Hainsworth (Guitar Voc)
Mark Sippitts (Drums)
who was replaced by
Nick Chimes - but I'm not sure if this was before or after the recording!!

Pop over to Worthless Trash for some more info & a band photo

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?f8zmf211sx047ab

1 comment:

  1. READ THIS---- I've just had an e-mail from Nick Dee's son who has informed me that there is a "Cheeky reunion gig" this Friday (29/06/2012) in memory of his Father (R.I.P. one year)
    if anyone is in the area it's at

    Old Leamingtonians RFC. http://www.olrfc.co.uk/

    It starts at 19:30 (£10 entrance fee)- there are other bands playing as well


    Money raised will go towards suppling guitars for schools around Leamington.

    ReplyDelete