Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Trwynau coch / Crach / Tanc / Cyffro - split 45 (1979)


A1 - Trwynau coch - Radio Cymru
A2 - Crach - Dangos y ffordd
B1 - Tanc - Ansicrwydd
B2 - Cyffro - Pam 'does neb yn dawnsio

A1- Red noses - Radio Wales
A2 - Scab - Show the way
B1 - Tank - Uncertainty
B2 - Buzz - Why nobody is dancing


As it was requested; here is the first of 2 split releases from the 8th/9th July 1979 recording sessions at Sain studios, gwernafalau, Wales. (the 2nd will be posted later in the week)

Trwynau coch (from yr Wyddgrug Clwyd) - feat; Rhys Harris (voc), Huw Eurig (gtr), Rhodri Williams (gtr), Alun Harris (bass), Aled Roberts (drums)
Crach - ?
Tanc - ?
Cyffro
(From Caernarfon) - feat; Malcolm Lloyd & Teri Owen (voc), Dave Roberts (gtr) (also of Last Chance UK), Derek Hughes (gtr), Huw Jones (bass), Merion Jones (drms), band reformed 2001

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?458cuycc7ljd47o

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I didn't even know this existed. Hearing three Welsh bands including two I'd never heard of plus a raw young "Radio Cymru"...it's a gas for a Welsh-a-phile like me. (I'm 33 and live in Portland, Oregon, USA. I'm Welsh on my mom's side, they immigrated after WWII, so I grew up on Rarebit and sea-infested fry-ups). My grandparents spoke the language but I could never wrap my tongue around it. I spent six months in Cardiff back in 1999 and think about moving there and the music is part of what draws me in. I guess it's the mix of exotic and familiar that I like about it, but sure there's some nationalism in me (it's usually the folks living "in exile" that get all nationalistic.} Anyway, thanks Bristolboy, you're doin' a saint's job and it's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welsh powerpop never sounded better than in this era - cheers Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More gems!

    Diolch yn fawr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments Nic - make sure you check out "pal a'r gwilliad cochion"

    ReplyDelete