Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Mods - Little Girl (1980)


b/w - Steppin' Out

Interesting rendition of the B. Gonzales/D. Baskin classic (I'm guessing they heard the Banned' version first)

The b-side is an original
(However, it does bear a passing similarity to the Raiders "steppin out" - only slight mind you!!)
It's penned by Jacobs / Jemp / Vanhorenbeek I'm beginning to think they could be a Dutch band

Going by the sleeve (Have to say, great amalgamation/use of the target & Union Jack) the band were

Sol
Phil
Charlie
Ivo

BTW - If you're wondering why there are pineapples on the sleeve the record label is Ananas (French/Belgian for pineapple)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?0acg6j9945y72cj

3 comments:

  1. I've loved "Little Girl" ever since I first heard The Banned single in 77, and it's always stayed on my play-list As soon as I realised it was a cover I tracked down the original and love that one as well.

    Didn't know about this one and I agree more influenced by the Banned, but still very good.

    Could anyone spoil such a great song?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing this!!! Fantastic seven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I've liked this 7 a lot. Fantastic Little Girl cover. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete