Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Chequers - In The Midnight Hour (1980)


b/w - Move Up

Yet another great Mod/Ska version of this Pickett / Cropper tune. This time from a very unlikely source;
Essex boy, Mr Johnny "the razor" Matthias & his 70's disco/ funk band Chequers

Pop over to You Tube if you want to hear some of his funky bass playing. (it's not really my thing but worth a listen)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?aae7j34xo7arrkl

No comments:

Post a Comment