Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Saturday 5 February 2011

Kru-pops - Yummy Yummy Yummy (1982)


b/w - Gimmie One More Dance

Another record that I know little about - I'm led to believe they were from the Barnsley area & were fronted by J.B Kidgell

It's an interesting romp through the Ohio Express track, albeit with a little too much synth but hey that's the charm! (I even quite like the flip which is throw away synth-pop)

The Electric Bubblegum label was owned by Dennis McGinley who was also instrumental in setting up Streetlife Recording Studios at Heelis Street & later, a gig agency with a view to finding new venues.

Here's the original

Sounds & Scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sidf5pc1ljt44i

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bruce! You can't really go wrong with 'Yummy Yummy Yummy', even Child did a pretty good version. I wish more people had covered Ohio Express songs, a post-glam/powerpop version of 'Down At Lulu's' would've been nice, then perhaps a thug-punk massacre of 'Pinch Me (Baby, Convince Me)'!

    ReplyDelete