Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 7 August 2019

David Singleton - If You Can Sing In Tune (1981)


b/w - Lazy Bugger

Nice DIY Tunes all Played/Sung by Mr Singleton (I'll admit I only picked this up as It's Produced By Andy Arthurs)

However a small internet search later and:

Singleton has co-produced and/or engineered almost every Robert Fripp release (including King Crimson albums, EPs and archive releases) since 1992, and has also worked on releases by Bill Nelson, Bill Bruford, Europa String Choir and many others. Singleton is the co-owner/director (with Fripp) of the Discipline Global Mobile record label, half of the Ton Prob production team (again with Fripp) and the developer of the BootlegTV live concert streaming setup.

This 45 was recorded and released whilst he was still an undergraduate reading philosophy at St Johns College, Cambridge

Singleton currently releases his own material under the alias of The Vicar – a multimedia project persona that has produced a story blog and videoblogs, printed fiction, graphic novels, and song albums


Sounds & Scans


2 comments:

  1. Andy Arthurs has produced some really good stuff - 999, Chords, Flatbackers. This one fits in somewhere between the aforementioned and True Life Confessions! Pleasant enough I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree with that comment - I do prefer the B-side. Although for some reason it reminds me of the tune to the old "club biscuits" ads
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBD3xnI5eSE

    ReplyDelete