Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 28 March 2011

Laslo and the Leopards - I Can Be Your Friend (1983)

b/w - Down On Me

Nice couple of New Wave / powerpop tracks from the pens of Lilley & Rogers & the keyboard of
Patrick Browne
(ex Fraser Nash, also played with Roy Sundholm amongst others)

I'm not sure but this may be just a promo (cat # OAS / 001 S83 CUS 1674) as the 45 seems to have actually came out a year later as Lazlo & The Leopards on Red Bus records (REDBUS91) with a different B side "3Hrs later"(also released as a 3 track 12" with disco mixes by Peter Yellowstone) - I suspect that 45 is very different to what you see here!!

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?b2uz7s9ht1b1x28

No comments:

Post a Comment