Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 4 February 2011

Those Naughty Lumps - Down At The Zoo EP (1980)


A1 - Ice Cream
A2 - Down At The Zoo
B1 - I'm Gonna Die
B2 - Love Is A Reflex

This is the 2nd 45 by These lovable scousers (the 1st being Iggy Pop's Jacket)

These recordings (dating back to June '78) didn't see the light of day until 1980 (a few months after the demise of the band)
who were
Pete M Hart (voc)
Gordon "Bream" Anderson (guitar)
Bobby Carr (guitar)
Martin "Armadillo" Cooper (bass voc)
Kevin Wilkinson (drums)

Check out their facebook for loads of interesting stuff

To my ears "love is a reflex" wins out but they're all pretty good post punk/garage tracks

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?b031qkhdy6xyqt6

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the download. I've been humming I'm Gonna Die to myself since 1980, but only heard it once or twice.

    ReplyDelete