Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 7 November 2021

Aquila - Fall (1982)

 b/w Threatened

A Great Crossover 45 From this Orpington 4 Piece (1981-83)

This should satisfy all the Indie Kids who love Post-Punk/Powerpop. 

Carol Bently (Voc)
Steve Burt (Guitar)
Graham Cos (Bass)
Dave Sivyer (Drums) Also in Deluge, Phobia The Toy Planets  

Recorded April 11/12 [Oakwood Studios, Herne Bay] 1982 & Released Nov 1982 on Graphic Records G001

Other Releases

1981 - Without A Care - VA - From Bromley With Love (LP) [Alternative Music ALT
007A]
1983 - No Point - VA - Not Waving But Drowning (LP) [Little Sister Enterprises LISI 002LP]

You can also hear Aquila Live at The 101 Club 12/09/1982 Here    

Useless info
Without A Care was also on VA - Messthetics #5 UK '77-81 "D.I.Y" & DIY-Punk: "A" (CDr)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this and the comp extras, always appreciated. Not sure I hear any powerpop but good all the same. The release date was 29th October.

    Any thoughts on the die-cut sleeve? Is it one of those card things you can multi-buy that's been added later or something that might have been paired with on release?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James, Always good to get a comment. Thanks!

    As the sleeve is thin card & not paper, I would say it's a later pairing, still it works for me!

    Maybe I should have said "Poppy Post-Punk ala early Sioux"

    ReplyDelete