Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 30 December 2011

The Same - I'm A Face (1980)


b/w - 1918

Canadian Only release for this U.K. South Coast (Bexhill / Eastbourne) Area Mod band.

Band members (1979 -'80) were

Mark Poole (voc)
David Blundell (guitar)
Rod Morrison (bass)
Alan Dickens (drums)

Not to be confused with these guys who were also active at this time.

In the UK, these tracks were only available on the Uppers On The South Coast - Various Artists LP (Both Versions). Both sides being produced by Ray Fenwick who at the time, was a member of another band on the LP ((The South Coast Ska Stars)

Coincidentally (or not!) this release (Gamma GA5055) followed The Teenbeats - I Can't Control Myself / I'll Never Win - Gamma GA 5054) both tracks also being from the afore mentioned VA LP & a minor hit on the Canadian billboard.

For the eagle eyed the labels say - From the Album : I Can't Control Myself - Again this is the same VA LP (Canadian name for the 1st press without the Purple Hearts - pics here [scroll a bit])

Sounds & scans Below

http://www.mediafire.com/?hxj661hlfa8zhlu

No comments:

Post a Comment