Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 18 February 2018

The Cry - Love Is Necessary (1981)



b/w Ends Are Split


Lois Kent (Voc)
Sean Mark (Guitar)
Kevin [Andy Redman-Lee] (Bass)
Lee Cooper (Drums)
Reginald Dixon [Andy Redman-Lee] (Keys)



2 sides of Female Voc led New Wave from this West London based band. Love Is Necessary being more for the Synth lover, whereas the Bass led Ends Are Split is much more up my street.

As always if anyone can add any info please get in touch.

Sounds & Scans

3 comments:

  1. Actually we were mainly West London based. The names were jokes that are now lost in time. Sean Mark played all the guitars on both tunes, so not two different people. Bass and synths were played by Andy Redman-Lee. The recordings were done over a weekend in a garage in Wembley, I think
    It was. Shame as I always thought it was worth a better production. For info, the pulsing bass synth was pre Kim Wilde’s Kids of America...

    ReplyDelete