Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 15 June 2012

Rizz Wah Wah - My Bike (1982)

b/w - Red Echoe

Something different for a change; it's a sort of D.I.Y. indie tune with a blend of 80's synth & dub (On the flip).

The Exeter based band were led by Steve Waters (Voc, Guitar) who incidently is still playing in & around Exeter.

Aparently the group had their beginnings in the late 70's as a punk band although by the time this 45 was released they had definitely taken a different path!

Steve has a myspace  where you can see what he's been up to & there are also some more tunes of what he's playing now here

The record was produced by Suchart Thittichai & Mike Partridge & the 45 was mastered by Denis Blackham probably at Tape One on Tottenham Court Rd.

They also had an earlier track (Disco Pollution) on the Various Artists LP "The Circus Comes To Town" - Circus Records (TENT001) 1981

Sounds & Scans

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bruce,

    The title of this song brings to mind something else... do you have 'Bike' by Danny & The Nogoodniks? Been curious to hear that one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James - I've not got it but you can hear it on their myspace

    http://www.myspace.com/555479438

    It's not bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I like it! I'll need to look out for a copy, but a bit cheaper than the 50 quid ebay BIN that appears periodically.

    ReplyDelete