Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 3 May 2021

White Summer - Power Poison (1984)


 b/w - In The Wings

Nice Powerpop / Indie by this 4 / 5 Piece band from the Bangor area  [1980-1985]

John Dexter-Jones (Voc, Guitar, Cowbell) 
Huw Heywood (Guitar) 
Carl Owen (Bass)
Eilian "Ale" Jones (Drums)
Dave Owen (Sound Man)
They also had a track "Travelling Riverside Blues ’69" featured on the 3rd volume of the local compilation tape  "Just When You Thought We Were Dead - Music from the Bangor Area" (1983),

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say the name White Summer Came from a love of Led Zeppelin.

As always if you have some extra info please leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment