Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Deke O'Brien And Sneeker - Wasted (1980)


b/w - Cool Of the Night

Nice 45 that teeters on the edge of powerpop / pop rock from Ireland

Deke will be known to some as he's a bit of a legend in the Irish music business. (If you don't know him follow the link to Irish rock.org & have a read)

Bands of particular interest Deke was in before Sneeker were Bees make Honey & Stepaside

Players on Sneeker's lone 45 were

Deke O'Brien (voc guitar)
Patsy Tracy (guitar)
Spike (bass)
Fran Breen (drums)

There's a bit more info here

Useless Fact - Deke financed Ireland's 1st New Wave Compilation Just For Kicks & was co-founder of Scoff Records

A big thanks to Irish Rock.org as I've borrowed so heavily from them for this post

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?shq7s93fdv13e6b

4 comments:

  1. Can't understand how no one says thank you yet for this one! It's pretty good!

    BTW, I have a couple or three requests if possible and you don't mind.
    I'd really love to hear these ones:
    ''Fist Date'' (on Harbour By Harbour) 1980 by Teaser
    ''Against The World'' (on GFI GFI) 1979 by 3 Imaginary Boys
    and finally, ''Fashion'' (on Recent) 1980 by The Thunderboys.

    My ears and I would be very grateful. Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work!
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I can only help with the Teaser 45 (I'll post it sometime in the week) - Have to admit the 3 imaginary boys 45 has been on my wants list for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , just to say , that mediafire link seems dead in 2021.
    I know it is ten years old and I appreciate that this all takes effort. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone out there got pointers on Deke with The Sharks Sorrow ‎(7") . Scoff Records DT 007 1981
    The Sharks - Long Hot Summer Night ‎(7") Scoff Records DT 010 1981 ?? There is quite a lot of Stepaside stuff on YouTube these days. Also an album on Spotify.

    ReplyDelete