Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

These will be some of my favourite tunes (Mod, powerpop, punk, ska, - if it's got a good sound I'll post it) All ripped from vinyl. The idea is that now you Know about them, You can seek them out!
If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off

Sunday, 3 November 2013

Akela And The Cubs - Modern Girl (1983)

B1 - How Could You Do It
B2 - Who's Taking You Home

Above average Pop Rock / Powerpop 45 from this Manchester based band.

Modern Girl falters slightly from poor production but is still quality to my ears & Who's Taking You Home could be favoured by NWOBHM fans. I suspect How Could You Do It will be disliked by all.

Unfortunately I can't tell you much about the band. All tracks were penned by Clayton & Fryer & there was an earlier (1982) 11 track cassette available from Pete Fairclough* (could this be the Sheffield born drummer later in London based The Chevalier Brothers?)

* this info came from a 03/04/1982 Sounds press Clip (included in the download)

BTW  - Akela (Indian Wolf) was a character (leader of the wolf pack) that appeared in Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book.
 



Sounds & Scans

2 comments:

  1. just found my way to your site, don't know how i didn't see it before.

    anyway this 7" is great. thanks for the upload. haha, i think "How Could You Do It" is my favourite of the 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this rarity. I can't find anything about them on the internet.

    And I liked "How Could You Do It" the most :)

    ReplyDelete