Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 30 January 2011

The Teezers - The Best Part Of Breaking Up (1981)


b/w - Rebel

Very nice glam / powerpop sounds covering the Ronettes / Phil Spector classic

Apparently the Teezers were a 3 piece female band who began life in 1974.

Allegedly this 45 was first issued in 1975 !!

The 45 was produced by Keith Marshall of Hello (I've read Rebel is a Hello cover, I'm not sure! but its definitely written by Marshall)

There is an Australian release on Function Recs [MS 509] (no p/s again 1981)

It's been comped twice here & here

Here's a promo photo of them (the hair says 80's to me) - most of the other releases on Arrival records are to do with Keith Marshall as well.
(I'm not really sure if I have a point here! it just seems to me that this record is not as old as some people believe it is)
- Somebody please prove me wrong!!

Want to hear a Disco version of "best part"!!! - Gotta love those cow bells.

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?151b0qfm1814408

3 comments:

  1. you are totally correct - the record is not as old as it says. We did this in the very late 7oth. I know because I am the lead singer of the Trio... my hair was silver... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi C-C thanks for the comment - any chance you could add some names of the group for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girl on the right is my niece, Alex Hilder, daughter of Allie Light and adopted daughter of Irving Saraf. Alex became a movie editor; married to Larry Seymour who briefly toured with Billy Idol.

      Delete