Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 3 January 2011

Hollywood Killers - Butterfly (1982)


b/w -Killer Wail

Great 45, (Jim's 3rd under the Hollywood Killers moniker) with both sides being strong mod/powerpop sounding tracks.

The line up is as the speedos

Jim Penfold (Voc Guitar)
Neil Aplin
(Guitar)
Duncan
'Kid' Reid (Bass Voc)
Lino Robinson
(Keyboards)
Paul Tully (Drums)


Other songs recorded in this session at the Chipping Norton Studios were "Hanaker Row", "Colourful Rain" & "No Joke" (with Duncan Reid on Vocals)

Butterfly was chosen as the b-side for their Spanish release (the A-side being No Joke - which I've included in the download)

If you want more of a History & to listen to some more stuff go here

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqcxm4asehubgmc

4 comments:

  1. I love the single Goodbye suicide.., is it possible you post it one day?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you say it's a great tune & I don't think I've seen it posted anywhere else,

    Sure - why not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the music. Great site.

    ReplyDelete