Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Electrotunes - If This Ain't Love (1980)

b/w - Bodywork

Sort of ska crossed with the white reggae sounds of the Police.

Sorry I don't know Anything about the band except the songs were penned by Tony Hannaford & the 45 was one of the 9 releases on the EMI subsidiary label for New wave artists cobra label

I have read that Tony Hannaford was the guitarist (Boots) in the 1st & 2nd series of the 70's kids show Animal Kwackers but I'm not so sure it's the same guy!
(BTW some of the others in Animal Kwackers became the Ska-dows)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1cxeqhrcvwsih3

3 comments:

  1. Really like it! Thanks for this Bristolboy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Älskar denna låt. Den lyssnade jag på som barn då min pappa hade den inspelad på kassett. Jag skulle så gärna vilja att den andra låten bodywork läggs upp på Youtube den med.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. om du skickar ett e-post till mylifesaJigsaw@gmail.com skicka jag ett mp3 till du

      Delete