Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 25 May 2015

Split Genes - Somebody To Love (1980)



b/w - Submarine City

Two covers on this 45 (1 more obvious then the 2nd)

If you Like your New Wave in the style of Patti Smith / Lene Lovich then this 45 will be for you.

It's on the Clive Selwood owned Sara Bee Records (sequentially following the great Famous Names 45 in July 1980)

I have to admit to knowing nothing about the band as the label was Surrey/Kent based I'll guess they were from the Greater London area.

If anyone's got any info please leave a comment

Scans & Sounds

Useless info - Clive Selwood was the manager of the '77- '79 version of Band Of Joy which is probably how he managed to get hold of the song Submarine City (albeit slightly different).

No comments:

Post a Comment