Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Apostrophe - I'm The Happy One (1978)

b/w - Three Arms To Hold You

Nice Beatle-esque sounds on the debut 45 from this Barkingside band (1976-79)

Graham Dye (voc, guitar har)
Steven Dye (voc, bass, keys)
Terry Warner (guitar) who had replaced David Fundell
Simon Tomkins (drums) who had replaced Steven Bloom

Even though this & their 2nd/final 45 (Sad & Blue / I'm A Clown) were only released in Germany they were actually with the UK based Solid Gold agency team, who also managed The Pleasers 
After a few more line-up changes, Warner & Tomkins giving way to Simon King (Keys) & Sean Heaphy (drums) the band re-emerged as Scarlet Party & had a minor chart hit with 101 Dam-Nations

Tomkins went onto play with Air-Race

If you want to see the Dye brothers "doing what they do best" you should keep an eye out for their Beatles Tribute band "Music and Words By Lennon and McCartney"

Sounds & Scans

7 comments:

  1. Y'know despite their derivitiveness, I really like The Pleasers, so I must check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a sucker for bands with a Beatles edge. I Can't say I've ever heard this one before though. Cool record, nice post as usual.
    Thanks Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scarlet Party's 101 Damnations. It's a total classic. I have another single by them that's almost as good. Thanks for posting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I'm looking for I'm A Clown song (the other 7") Could you post it, if you have, please?
    Thanks for all your music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Send an e-mail to

      mylifesajigsaw@gmail.com

      & I'll send you an mp3 of I'm A Clown

      Delete