Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 27 December 2010

Charley Browne - Feeling Under The Weather (1978)


b/w - Sez Lez

2 more cool Powerpop/New wave tunes from North of the Border (Scotland - the Paisley area to be exact!)

This was their lone 45.
There is an unreleased LP (recorded at Rockfield studios) under their next incarnation Snapshots - Anyone got any soundbytes from this?

The Band were

Stephen Reid (voc guitar) later to be found in Buddah Grass Harbour
David Eckford (guitar)
Alan McAulay (bass)
Bob Evans (drums)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?mavjmzznmoy

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff as usual. Mind a request? The Outsiders that were featured on the powerpearls comp. Vol 7 I think. It's a 6 track mini LP on IOP records. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to take requests (& fulfill them where possible) but as with you I've only heard the "Phantom bitch" track on PP7

    - must admit my knowledge on Icelandic punk/powerpop is pretty much non-existent -

    maybe try asking at "Girls from Tahiti"

    ReplyDelete