Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Monday 15 November 2010

Roxette - Another Girl (1982)


B1 - Man and Boy
B2 - I keep Knocking

As promised here's the 2nd (final?) 45 from this Kent band.

Again it's fine 60's tinged powerpop but with more of a Beatles sound creeping in

For the band details see my earlier post  & in the comments Section

Thanks to Wag for the extra info (see comments on both 45's)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?t4da767wu7lbjek

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the single & EP. Fantastic music. Nice Beatles sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line up on this release was,-
    Another Girl and I keep knocking
    Kevin Fowler - Vocals and Accoustic Guitar
    Tarquin Chatfield - Lead Guitar
    Steve Wright - Bass
    Nobby Skilton - Drums
    I was on vocals on Man and Boy on the B-Side.
    We were all schoolmates at Sandown Court, Tunbridge Wells. We rehearsed all the songs before recording but the other fuckers decided to blackball me. When they came back with the original recording (not this one) it was so poor that Kevin (my best mate) insisted I was involved in at least a producing capacity. This I did and with 5 other song formed what would have been an LP but by then I was writing songs that the others couldn't or would'nt play so no other songs were ever recorded until I joined Chapter One two years later.......

    ReplyDelete