Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Saturday 9 October 2010

Richard and the Taxmen - Now we're through (1980)


b/w - Honey please don't go
*Chinese takeaway
*Ice skating Rita

As a bonus I've also included their 2 recordings from the Future Earth records compilation "Logical Steps"

The Doncaster based "Future Earth records" released, in my opinion some top powerpop/punk 45's (+ a few duffers)

The Rotherham band were

Richard Walker (voc)
Alan Taylor (guitar voc)
Andy Hoggard (bass voc)
Paul Dickins (drums voc)

I'm pretty sure this is their total recording output as "The Taxmen". but they can be seen perfoming another  track (as well as hearing Chinese takeaway) on the 1981 Ken Loach film " Looks And Smiles" (scroll to 53' 50)

Richard Walker & Alan Taylor did however go on to perform in "The Gatekrashers" who also released an LP on Future Earth called "Too short for a quiff" (more of the rock 'n' roll persuasion apparently)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?sfzjv6ocjql8gl6

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite single on Future Earth, top powerpop on both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even better than their tracks on the Logical Steps LP - thanks Bruce!

    ReplyDelete