Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 17 September 2010

the Hussars - The charge of the light brigade (1982)


b/w - Your country needs you

& the award for the "record least likely to be picked off the shelf" goes to messers......

Brindle & Knight (songwriters) & band members - sorry, I know nothing about this band (they were probably from the Hatfield area)

Possibly, the lesson learned by this band was, taking the "Hussars" theme to far, is akin to committing commercial suicide.
The only reason I own a copy, is that it was played to me by the shop owner who knew I would be partial to the b-side (Skids, early Alarm sounding)

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?2a6fkbnvz3bucb5

1 comment:

  1. I've seen it a couple of times but I never thought it would be quite like this. Now I know... Nice post Sir!

    ReplyDelete