Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 13 August 2010

the Slide - Superman's shoes (1980)


b/w - Meet your new neighbour

Great new wave/powerpop A-side released October 1980

Again I know nothing about the band except the song writers are

Mark Brown & Peter Morris

I have to admit to picking this up due to the label

(other bands on it are : Linda C, Linda & the dark, Todd, Vince cadillac & the ties)

If you've just followed the link above you'll have noticed Tony Todd's name - he also wrote the "Linda & the dark" tunes (interesting fact, is it not)
shame his name isn't on this slice of vinyl

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?kiwn3bi5sarz6e5

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Bruce, Jesus, how catchy is the chorus on this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great in that Phonogram sleeve, I agree, what with all the black and red, but they don't belong together and it's making me all queasy. Should be in a plain white one. If I revisit tomorrow, to see if there are comments (I always like reading people's comments) could you have replaced the image by then, please? Or should I find something else to do, come back to the 'Jigsaw only when there's a new posting, and just generally stop being such an arse-clenchingly sick collector-pedant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Know I shouldn't have kept it in the phonogram sleeve but I think it looks "pretty" anyway an argument could be put that phonogram is a sister group to satril in a roundabout way (via polydor via Vertigo via Universal via warners (don't hey own everyone by now) etc. etc.)
    BTW - no-one else would have noticed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a Users 'Kicks In Style' in a tatty A&M sleeve in 1979 from my local newsagents who had a tiny record room at the back of the shop. It was in the ex-chart box on the counter (they only sold chart stuff!). Still puzzles me to this day. I eventually did the right thing and put it in a Phonogram sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the 'Trash, he say:
    "I eventually did the right thing and put it in a Phonogram sleeve."

    Arrgh! Don't!! You two are killing me. I need a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did that come from!!!
    Its Mark Brown here former front-man of the slide. cant believe this has surfaced after 30 years!
    Thanks for finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mark, Hope this has brought back some happy memories - Can you give us some background on the 45 & maybe some info on the Band (Please)

    ReplyDelete