Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 27 August 2010

Skid - I saw her standing there (1977)

b/w - Endless sleep

It's about time for another punk/glam Beatles Cover (sorry to all those out there that are getting bored of cover versions but even the b-side is a cover)

The UK pressing doesn't come in a picture sleeve (as far as I know) but if you look out for the German (Hansa International) or Belgium (Panky Records - pic included in d/load) pressings you will be rewarded

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?38hf2y66j555zy2

4 comments:

  1. Although the German edition has a nice 'group' pic sleeve, the Belgian sleeve is easily the nicest. When I was trying to find band-info on this I had occasion to speak to one of the blokes wot wrote "Puppet On A String". He was most nice. I was humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for once I think this is dragged down by those falsetto vocals. They can't do it like The Sweet did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Were there any other releases Skid put out? I'd love to find/hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I believe this was their only release.
    this has also been posted with some extra info over at purepop

    http://purepop1uk.blogspot.com/2011/02/skid-i-saw-her-standing-thereendless.html

    ReplyDelete