Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Salford Jets - cops n robbers (1981)


B/w (it's a one sided promo so there is no b-side)

I've chosen this as It's pretty much the only one that's not available on their 2006 Sanctuary release "Manchester boys"

The Salford Jets were

Mike Sweeney (voc)
Rod Gerrard (guitar)
Diccon Hubbard (bass, voc)
Geoff " Bubbs" Kerry (keyboards, guitar, voc)
Dave Morris (drums)


Their most famous song (4th 45) was "who you lookin at" (#72 in the hit parade in 1980) has been re-released for charity go here to see the video for it

If you want a discography go here

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?837ja55wv415dza

1 comment: