Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Friday 6 August 2010

the Ringers - No No No (1981)


b/w - What can I do (I still love you)

OK, I know the date of today's post (even the month of release - June)

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the band (both songs are written by Phil Barrett)

I can tell you, that they have a Beatles fixation (if you like the mod/powerpop sound of "the Pleasers" then this is for you.)

If I wanted to speculate - then there is a copyright to "Powerplay records" which could lead us across the pond to some other Beatles wannabies. That's probably just wishful thinking!!

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?3sax1yt71u9723e

1 comment:

  1. Band (UK) was really called The Bootles, and the single was released in Denmark under their proper name. They also released an album of Beatles covers... but only in Bulgaria!

    I have the Bootles single for sale (nice p/s!) if anyone 'needs' it.

    ReplyDelete