Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 22 August 2010

Rimshots - At night (1981)


b/w - Little boys & little girls

I'm posting this to fulfill a request from a couple of days ago. It's actually a lot better than I remember (especially the b-side)

As a bonus I have also included their track "Race against time" from "the circus comes to town" compilation LP (Circus records - TENT 0001)

This was the 2nd & final 45 from this Bristol Mod band
(follow the link & have a look around - It's run by Mike Darby)

the Band were

Mike Darby (voc)
Mike Fursman (guitar)
Simon Heathfield (bass)
Dick Bently (keyboards)
Nick Waring (drums)

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?pb9sqeub9bqmj2p

3 comments:

  1. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou... Thanks for all your posts but this one in particular. I played it right away and it's every bit as good as I remember, not veiled in some sentiment from times past. And, you're right, the B-side was the one I was after to but the whole thing, the extra track aswell and also the link you provided. A real treat.

    Ghost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I didn't know they had another release.
    It's better, more mature than their first.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is outstanding! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete