Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Mondo Billie Davies - Howard Hughes' shoes (1978)


b/w - white house

I know I've written 1978. Really no-one is sure about the actual date (It could be anytime after this)

When it comes down to it ...who cares!!
It's good; so the date is superfluous in my mind (I'm not a collector of only 1976 -82)

The record seemed to appear around 8 years ago & got collectors excited - give it a listen & see what all the fuss was about!

Info now seems to point at 1980

sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?56e1qg71e4u45ry

7 comments:

  1. Listed in a May 1983 Small Wonder catalogue for 25p, the reduced price suggests it was at least 2-3 years old then. So anything between 1977 to 1980 (?). Someone must know something, or perhaps have an earlier SW catalogue where it's not listed.

    Anyway, it's great to actually hear the record. Sounds a lot like the first Record Players EP which I like a lot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date: my "Amy Carter's puppy" rationale available on request.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what LDK is referring to (listen to the lyrics of white house)

    http://www.bullysticksinfo.com/dog-ownership/90-presidential-pooch-grits-the-impeached-first-dog/

    It's a good argument for late '77 early '78

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb 45 never heard this before was not expecting much but its blown me away thanks bruce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bruce, another excellent record!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got a spare of this. It's not on my website yet so - 'jigsaw-readers exclusive! - mail me if you'd maybe like to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Records that suddenly crawl out of the woodwork aren't usually all that good . . . but this is a nice exception, cheers Bruce!

    ReplyDelete